This article applies to online version only (without desktop).
Watch this 10-minute video on how to set up a tuition plan. Please note: this video shows an older display of Procare Online, but the steps covered are the same.
Setting Up an Attendance Plan
1. Navigate to Billing > Recurring Plans, then select Create Recurring Plan
2. Select Attendance Plan from the popup
3. Choose the students you wish to assign the plan to. Use the Search, Rooms, Tags or No Assigned Plans fields to filter the students. Then click Continue.
4. On the Create Attendance Plan popup, complete the necessary fields:
- Create New or Pick Template – select a template from the drop-down or select New Plan to create a new plan.
- Plan Name – enter the plan name. Recommendation: If setting up multiple charges, such as sibling rates, staff rates, toddler rates, etc., we recommend naming it after those rates. If setting up only one charge, such as weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc., naming the plan after the cycle is a good option.
- Plan Cycle – choose your plan cycle. If your billing cycle is different than the plan, we recommend creating manual invoices.
- Plan Start – select the date the system should begin sending out invoices with these specified charges.
- Plan End – the system will stop sending invoices with these charges on the date selected here. Recommendation: We recommend not setting an end date, if set incorrectly, it will cancel the plans unexpectedly and risk not sending invoices. You can manually cancel the plan as soon as you wish to stop invoicing.
- Generate Invoice on details – select the details of when your invoices should be generated. If parents have auto-pay enabled, funds will automatically be deducted on the invoice due date. Please keep the following in mind: 1.) When selecting Weekly or Bi-Weekly, the dates can be selected for Monday through Sunday of the same week. There is no option to create an invoice in week one and have it due in week two. 2.) To see how each billing cycle option will charge, change the plan to each option and see how the dates are affected in the green preview bar.
Creating Charge Details
An attendance plan can have many charges attached to it, but a student will only be charged when they meet the parameters of the charge.
It is possible to assign different charges to the same room if the children will not be transferring to different rooms. If the times are defined correctly, the child will be charged correctly on their invoice based on the time they attended.
In the example below, a student that has been signed into the Caterpillars room between the hours of 6 a.m. and 8:30 a.m., Monday through Friday, will be charged $15 for the day.
Please Note: Be aware that when selecting to charge by the hour, the system bills by the minute. Follow this link to bill a set amount per hour.
Once the first charge has been added, you can add additional charges by clicking Add Another Charge, save the plan as a template or continue saving the plan.
Making Changes to Plans
After plans have been assigned to students, you can do the following by clicking the ellipsis from the Billing > Recurring Plans screen.
- View Next Invoice
- Edit Plan
- Pause/Resume Plan
- Cancel Plan
Please Note: Once a plan has been assigned to students, the plan dates cannot be changed, only the charges can be modified. If dates need to be updated, the plan will need to be canceled and a new one will need to be assigned.