If you currently own your own business, you may need to manage employees, benefits, payroll, and lots of paperwork! Procare can help make this process easier by integrating with Gusto!
What is Gusto ?
Gusto is a company that aims to "tame the chaos of payroll, benefits, and HR" by providing an easy-to-use, automated platform. Gusto is simply the best payroll for small businesses!
What Gusto can do for you
- Automatically pay federal, state, and local payroll taxes
- File W2s and 1099s
- Setup direct deposit and check printing
- Handle various pay rates, pay schedules, and pay types
- Offers benefit options for small businesses, such as health insurance, 401(K), worker's compensation, HSA, and more!
What this integration means for your business
- Procare will automatically synchronize your staff information with Gusto! If your staff is in Procare, make sure they are listed with the same exact name and email address as they are in Gusto so they link up properly. (If you need to update the staff member's email address, please let us know via chat.)
- Any staff timecard (clock in-out) data will be synced real-time with Gusto, so you'll always have update-to-date hours for running your payroll for each employee.
- Save time onboarding new employees with Gusto's employee self-onboarding!
What steps should I take to Integrate?
On the Procare website, navigate to School Settings > Integrations
If you do not have a Gusto account, click "Get Started". This will take you to the Gusto website where you will sign up for an account and get three months free, thanks to your partnership with Procare!
Once you have a Gusto account created, click "Connect" and log in with your Gusto account. At this point, you have successfully linked your Procare account with Gusto!
Integrating Multiple Locations
- Prior to integration, ensure the first and last names of your employees match up 100% in both Gusto and Procare
- When linking multiple schools, you will need to connect each school separately. If you check all schools, you will see a duplication of staff in all your centers
- After clicking Connect on the Integrations screen, you will see a box with options to connect to specific Gusto accounts. Be sure only to mark the check box next to the school you are currently logged into in Procare
Q: What does the real-time sync to Gusto look like? Does Procare send clock in and out times to Gusto?
A: Gusto will display the number of hours worked, but not the exact times.
Q: Are the daily hours listed or is it a running total of hours per period?
A: Gusto shows a running total of hours per period.
Q: How is overtime calculated (if at all)?
A: Since the sync provides hours as regular hours to Gusto, overtime will need to be manually entered or calculated by the school.