Do you have more than 30 students in your childcare program or school? If you do, it might be faster to use a spreadsheet upload to enter your students into Procare.
You can enter all of your children into Procare in 2 easy steps!
Step 1: Fill out your spreadsheet
You can include as much or as little information as you like. Here is a list of the information you can include on your spreadsheet:
- Student Name *This is the only required field.* Also, please note that the import process will skip students who have the same first and last name as existing students in the system. You will need to manually add any child who has the same name as an existing child.
- Student Room This is the child's assigned room. If you provide extended or after care, we recommend naming the room for that purpose. Any additional information (like student grade, age, regular classroom, etc,) can be entered as a Student Tag for filtering purposes.
- Parent name, phone number and email address If the name, phone number, and email are exactly the same for two or more children, they will be linked together as siblings during the import. *Important* make sure when entering emails that they are not hyperlinked.
- Any authorized pickups Do not include the parents again as authorized pickups, as this will create duplicates for them in the system.
- Date of Birth Upcoming birthdays will appear with an icon in the app, and you'll be able to quickly see the student's age on the website.
- Address Addresses are saved separately for each child's profile.
- Allergies Please leave this blank if a child has no allergies; all children with information listed under the allergies column will appear with a peanut icon in the app.
- Notes These notes are for internal use by staff, and are not visible to parents.
- Tags Use tags to quickly find specific groups of students.
- Student IDs and/or Family IDs Include these if you have your own student or family ID system in place, otherwise leave these fields blank.
Click the button below to download the Procare template.
Key Point: Please be sure not to change the column names, this will cause your upload to fail. Multiple authorized pickups can be added by using a common to separate each name.
Step 2: Upload your Spreadsheet
Make sure you're logged into your Procare account, then click this link to reach the upload roster screen.
Your upload includes the option for a tag with the upload and date. Make sure to include a distinct tag for the particular import, which can be removed later.
Step 3: Review your Student Information
Go to My School > Students and review your import using the import tag.
If there are any issues with the import, you can inactivate/delete the student profiles created by your import, then try again.