When you review a student's billing account you may see many transaction types that are either under process, complete, or cancelled. This article will define those process types and statuses.
Go to Billing --> Family Account and click on a student's name to view their entire billing history. Newest transactions are at the top. You can see the type (defined below) along with the status.
- Sent: this will show when an invoice has been created
- Success: this status indicates the transaction (payment, refund or credit) has been successfully processed
- Cancelled: this status will display when the transaction (payment, invoice, or credit) has been cancelled (initiated by your school)
- In Process: Credit card or ACH payments will show this status while they are processing (timelines listed below)
- Failed: This will show when a credit card or ACH payment has failed
1. Online payment types (learn more here):
- Credit Card: the parent has set up to pay online with their credit card
- ACH: the parent has set up to pay online with a bank account transfer
2. Manual payment types (learn more here):
- Cash: the school has manually recorded the parent payment as Cash
- Check: the school has manually recorded the parent payment as Check
- Other: the school has manually recorded the parent payment as Other (ex: from another online payment method)
3. School initiated transaction types:
Refund: This is issued directly by the school. If the payment was made online the refund will be returned to the credit card or bank account. Check/cash payments need to be refunded manually.
Credit: This is issued directly by the school. Credits show as a positive balance on the parent's account (used frequently for crediting excused absences).
Credit card payments take 1 - 2 business days to process
ACH (bank account transfers) can take up to 4 business days