Authorized pickups are people who are not parents/guardians that pick up students (grandparents, nannies, etc). You can add them as authorized pickups and they will have their own pin for pick up/drop off but will not have access to the student's account.
The Carpool feature allows parents to use their existing PIN to pick up/drop off other children at the same school. When authorizing another parent as a carpool pickup for a child, the authorization will only occur that individual child -- not other siblings in the same family.
Below are the directions to set up both authorized pickups and carpool pickups:
On the Website:
- Go to My School --> Students.
- Click on the name of the student.
- Scroll down to the "Additional Authorized Pickup" section and select "Add Pickup."
- Choose Caregiver (and enter their name) or Carpool (search through existing parents).
NOTE 1: You can also go to School Settings on the website to enable parents to edit family records and update their child's authorized pickup list. Click here to see what the process looks like on their end.
NOTE 2: Parents will not be able to add carpool pickups on their app, they will need to log into the website to add other parents to their carpool list.
In the Procare Connect App:
Here you can add authorized pickups only -- no carpool. Here's how:
- From the Home screen, select the name of a child.
- Select "Edit" in the upper right-hand corner.
- Use the +Add Pickup button.