Issue a Refund
Issuing a refund for a payment made by check, cash, credit card or bank account
Matt avatar
Written by Matt
Updated over a week ago

This article applies to online version only (without desktop).

Need to refund a payment? You are in the right place. You can issue and keep track of refunds easily:

  1. Go to Billing --> Family Account.

  2. Click on the name of the child.

  3. Find the payment that needs to be refunded. Click on the ellipsis (...) and select "Issue Refund."

  4. You will have the option to refund online if the parent paid via credit card or ACH; otherwise, you will see the option to refund Cash or Check.

  5. Capture a description of why the refund is being processed and click "Make Refund."

*Please note that for Tuition Express users, only credit card refunds can be processed. For ACH refunds, please use the partial refund process below to record that refund. 

Refund timing:

For online payments: If the customer has paid their bill online through credit card or bank account, Procare Connect will refund that payment electronically back to their respective credit card or bank accounts in 10 business days. 

For check/cash: you will need to issue a check or cash for that refunded amount.

Note about fees:
Unfortunately it is not possible for us to refund the transaction fees when refunds are processed.

Regarding Partial Refunds:
You can refund only full payments through the Procare Connect system. 

Alternatively, you can issue a partial refund outside of Procare Connect (i.e cash/check) and then record the partial refund to account for this on the family balance. To do this: 

  1. Go to Billing > Accounting > Searching the family. 

  2.  Selecting "New Transactions" in the upper right, and clicking on "Create Invoice." 

  3. Make sure to include a detailed description of the situation. For example, if you are refunding $100, use that as an invoice amount and put in description "Partial refund of payment made on ___". 

Did this answer your question?